Thanks to Vanessa Hare, I had the privilege to be nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award. It basically means that you, as a blogger, give acknowledgement to bloggers and to what they have to say. After you have been selected you get to pick 15 others who you feel deserve to be nominated as well! (my selection of nominees are at the bottom of this post)
I feel like I do have to give a shout out to the blogger who nominated me; Vanessa Hare. After going through her posts I found myself having a deep respect for her and how she deals with life. No spoilers (you’ll have to read her blog) but she has an amazing family including a sweet baby girl diagnosed with LMS and ALL and on her blog page you will find various posts with encouraging words to stay positive through anything! I say this because even though your life might be different, the strength this woman has might give you the power to stay positive in your life as well, no matter what the situation!
Well since one of the rules was to share 7 things about me…here goes nothing, prepare to getting to know me 🙂
- My favorite food is Italian food (and Chinese and Surinamese and Turkish..but you catch my drift); On my 15th birthday my family decided to order about 15 large pizza’s and they were convinced that after that day I would probably be cured of my pizza obsession…guess again 🙂 still love it; the same goes for pasta. On a dare I ate pasta for a week ( different kinds) I still eat it with 100% happiness.
- I absolutely love essential oils; I seriously put lavender, mint, rosemary or eucalyptus oil in hair products, body cream and on my pillow (many are known to help improve sleep and relieve stress)
- I have a mild obsession with candles; if it were up to me my house would be full of them at all time! As a matter of fact I basically have an obsession with any kind of useless things that make your house look pretty 🙂
- I love make-up, even got a make-up course as a birthday gift from my mom when I was 19 but I am usually too lazy to apply any so if you’re lucky you’ll see me with some mascara, shaped brows and lipstick but that’s about it!
- I have been writing poetry since my teenage years; maybe I should post some on here 🙂
- When I train (fitness) I go super hard, especially with my friend (the only person I go to the gym with); but when I stop for a while (like right now) I am the laziest person you will ever meet until i get that boost again 🙂
- Last but not least; I have a serious shopping addiction; Especially during my college years I didn’t really have it under control, every emotion I felt made me justify shopping. When I was happy, sad, had something to celebrate, when I was bored or had to cheer up someone. It didn’t help that all the shops were a 10 minute walk from my house. Now I usually window shop online (put things in the basket for hours on end just to close that window when I’m “done” lol)
Now back to the nominees; I have gone through many blogs and these are the ones (either older pages or newer pages) that I think deserve to be on the list 🙂
The rules for when you get nominated are as followed: (If you decide to pay it forward)
- Thank the person who gave you this award. That’s common courtesy.
- Include a link to their blog. That’s also common courtesy — if you can figure out how to do it.
- Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly. ( I would add, pick blogs or bloggers that are excellent!)
- Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award — you might include a link to this site.
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.